Barton Springs Pool

In the summer I am there once a week, it’s my favorite place to go. This special place is Barton Springs Pool in Zilker Park, Austin Texas.

I dive in to the cool, clear refreshing water. I submerge under and my body instantly feels better. After a few seconds I swim to the surface and take a big breath of air. I smell the fresh summer flowers newly sprung. I hear children laughter and adults talking. I see people tanning just enjoying themselves. This is how summer is supposed to be in my opinion.

“Clara!’ I hear from the other side of the pool. It’s one of my close friends Susannah. One fun thing about the pool is I always see people I know. We spend the rest of the afternoon laying out and jumping off the diving board. We lay our towels down and talk; for hours.

We have had a full day at the pool and head over to Sno Beach, Austin’s best snow cone trailer! Its about 6’o clock pm. We sit at the warn out table and look out at the beauty of our city reflecting on our fun day at Zilker.

Zilker Park sure has given me a summer to remember.

One thought on “Barton Springs Pool

1. You’ve captured the delights of a day at Barton Springs, showing us why it’s an Austin favorite for swimmers.

Great job, Clara!